Today marks the 6th birthday of my publisher, Choc Lit.
Here are six reasons why I’m so proud (and really, really happy) to write for them.
1) They took a risk on an unknown author and made her dream come true
2) They’re incredibly professional, yet it feels more like being part of a family than a business.
3) My fellow Choc Lit authors are slightly crazy, greatly talented and utterly amazing in the generosity of their support.
4) The tasting panel. This publisher doesn’t just look at the first 3 chapters of submitted novels, but gives the entire book to real readers and asks for their thoughts.
5) Choc Lit champion the hero point of view – and that’s what I enjoy writing most.
6) Choc Lit publish a fabulous variety of romantic fiction, each with a cover that isn’t just striking but cleverly matches the style and tone of the book. If you want to see what I mean, just take a look at their website.
So a big happy birthday to my publisher – and a rather embarrassingly small cake.
Far better for the health of my family though that I bought this muffin instead of attempting to make anything …